Sunday, September 8, 2013


Even though the season has just started, I was able to get all these on sale!

/  Bag - Olivia + Joy (Macy's) [$60, originally $100]
/  Peplum top - t. barbaton (Aritzia) [$35, originally $110, WIN!]
/  Cigarette slippers - Forever21 [$15, originally $25]

Trends :  

Leather and metal hardware is huge this season.

- Top-handle, flat bags are in as well.  I was about to go with a doctor bag from the same company, but I liked how this was easier to wear on the shoulder because of its shape.  It can also hold papers and such.

- Cigarette slippers (aka smoking/slipper shoes), and any shoes with metal tips, like the shoes I posted from Victoria's Secret.

- Seems like lace and peplums are here to stay for awhile longer.  This one is the most flattering peplum I've ever tried on. 

- Deep reds and blues are some of the more popular colors on the Fall runways.


Details:



Because it requires a layer underneath, it allows for a bit of versatility and interest.  It's lightweight enough to go over dresses, and if I add a contrasting layer underneath then the details of the lace really stand out.


This is my first real "lady-like" purse.  It is faux-leather, but it feels similar to genuine leather, and I'm pretty careful with my things so I wouldn't worry about durability.  Perhaps I can go vegan with handbags and save money at the same time.  The dark lining is stain resistant, which is a plus.


I love the little flap(?) that cigarette shoes have.  They add a little menswear touch to normal flats without being outright loafers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

About Me

Lea
Atlanta/Seattle, United States
What is most interesting is fashion when it's living. I find it inspiring when people dress well - but in their unique interpretation. Searching for people who enjoy having fun with their style and make their own statements. If you want your picture removed, don't hesitate to contact me!
View my complete profile

Followers