Saturday, March 31, 2012

A new friend generously invited Jenni and I to the Hawks vs. Knicks basketball game yesterday.  I'm not a big sports fan, but it sounded like it would be a legit match (these are some of the teams that the boys always go on about), so I was excited to see for myself.  Not an opportunity to pass up.

But the big question: what do you wear to a sporting event?!  Basketball has a different... baller (in the cool sense)... feel to it than baseball (laid-back, homey) or tennis (preppy).  I tried googling ideas, and most of the images were of hip-hop wives in stilettos and leather jackets.  That's just not one of my inner persona hehe. 

Here's what I eventually decided on:

  
Talula lace top - Aritzia  /  Blazer - Martin and Osa
/  Skinny jeans - Abercrombie and Fitch

Didn't see any celebrities sitting in the front row this time.  Lots of women were actually super dressed up though (some Atlanta culture I'm still not used to), in heels and dresses and the whole works.  Lots of good people watching.

Basketball shoes are the coolest shoes from any sport, in my opinion, and all the players' shoes were different.  Apparently the really successful ones have their own shoe designed for them and sold in stores too!


It was a really good game.  The Knicks were really catching up in the last half, but Hawks won 100 to 90.  Maybe it was just because they were doing better that night, but the Hawks had some really creative moves!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

About Me

Lea
Atlanta/Seattle, United States
What is most interesting is fashion when it's living. I find it inspiring when people dress well - but in their unique interpretation. Searching for people who enjoy having fun with their style and make their own statements. If you want your picture removed, don't hesitate to contact me!
View my complete profile

Followers