Saturday, May 18, 2013

I visited my first Value Village today.  There was a red and black fit and flare dress I was really tempted on getting because it fit perfectly, was made out of a good weighted cotton, seemed brand new, and was only $15.  However, there were several different dresses from that same brand (eShakti?) which seemed sort of suspicious.  Does VV get their clothes from manufacturers as well as donations?  That's a little weird.

Ultimately, I decided not to get the dress.  Although I loved the cut, something about the red and black made me wonder if I would regret looking a little gothic (or at least, too hard-lined, which isn't my personality) in the future.  Also, the prevalence of the dresses of the same brand made me wonder if I was being tricked somehow.

Toughest decision of the day.

In regards to my question in this previous post:  I like how Goodwill is all priced the same, while Value Village tries to assess the cost more to maximize profit (and even at a mere $15, I wasn't sure if it was worth it.)  Goodwill's items are clearly donation only, whereas VV seemed mixed with some bargains they managed to find for their stock to mark-up a little as well.

However, I did like how VV sorted clothing by size.  It made it easier to go through.  There were also a lot less noticeable defects.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

About Me

Lea
Atlanta/Seattle, United States
What is most interesting is fashion when it's living. I find it inspiring when people dress well - but in their unique interpretation. Searching for people who enjoy having fun with their style and make their own statements. If you want your picture removed, don't hesitate to contact me!
View my complete profile

Followers